Even the best planned elder care arrangements can be disrupted from time to time. If your provider is unavailable (due to illness or vacation), we offer the Back-Up Care Advantage (BUCA) Program to faculty to assist in navigating the competing demands of work and life. The BUCA Program provides in-home adult/elder care from credentialed in-home care agencies and trained caregivers.
- Faculty (including Clinical Educators)
Learn About This Service
Faculty, including clinical educators, can use BUCA when they need to be at work and their regular adult/elder care arrangements are unavailable. Here are some instances where BUCA can help:
- When your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is ill or temporarily unavailable
- When you are between elder care arrangements
- When your senior day care center is closed
- To ease transition back into a regular work schedule when returning from leave
- To accommodate changes in flexible work arrangements
- Business travel
- Other work/life issues that faculty and clinical educators may face
BUCA provides in-home adult/elder care from credentialed in-home care agencies and trained caregivers. All staff and in-home care agencies participate in a screening process.
For in-home dependent care, there is a $6 co-pay per hour, with a 4-hour minimum for all in-home care reservations. This benefit is available for a maximum of 10 days per fiscal year. Care options are available nationwide.
For more information or to register (registration is required before using this service):
Call 1-877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
Visit the Back Up-Care Advantage Website
In order to register for this service faculty members (including clinical educators) should log in using the information below.