Even the best planned elder care arrangements can be disrupted from time to time. If your provider is unavailable (due to illness or vacation) we offer the Back-Up Care Advantage program. The program helps benefits-eligible faculty and staff to find high-quality in-home care for adult and elder relatives through Bright Horizons.
Learn About This Service
As a benefits-eligible faculty or staff member, you can use the Back-Up Care Advantage program when you need to be at work and your regular adult and elder care arrangements are unavailable. You have access in-home care for a dependent of any age. Care options are available nationwide.
Register for free so you can use care:
- When your regular caregiver is ill or temporarily unavailable
- When you are between elder care arrangements
- When your senior day care center is closed
- To ease transition back into a regular work schedule when returning from leave
- To accommodate changes in flexible work arrangements
- For in-home dependent care, there is a $6 co-pay per hour, with a 4-hour minimum for all in-home care reservations.
- This benefit is available for a maximum of 10 days for faculty and five days for staff per calendar year.
When you need back-up care, you need it fast, so you are encouraged to register prior to any need.
For more information and to register:
Call 1-877-BH-CARES (877-242-2737)
Or log in online the using the information below.
- Visit careadvantage.com/stanfordu *
- Username: sucares
- Password: 2011
*Please note, the registration site is best viewed in Internet Explorer 9 (in compatibility mode), Internet Explorer 11 or above, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.